One of the things that I love so much about Lenormand is how accessible they are as a divinatory device.
You can make your own deck just with a standard set of playing cards and some permanent markers. I recommend a set of Bicycle cards, mine were $3 from a General store.
Below will be a list of the cards and correspondences, I recommend separating out the cards and taking your time to draw a picture if you desire, and keywords to jog your memory. This is your beginner’s deck, so allow yourself the space to gain familiarity with the core concepts of each card. This list is a combination of Personal experience and keyphrases agreed upon in several books, most notably the Maybe Lenormand Guidebook, as I consider it to be the best quick reference. The Maybe Lenormand is an Expanded 52 card deck. But for beginners, it is best to work with the original 36 cards till proficiency is obtained.
- Rider, 9 of Hearts (Can be directional left or right), Core points: News, Messages (Worldly), Visitor, Swiftness, Additional points: Short-distance travel by vehicle
- Clover, 6 of Diamonds, Small Luck, Getting lucky, Fast, Witty, Brief, Cash, Green
- Ship, 10 of Spades, Travel by Motor, Slow, Commerce, Longing, Journeys, Foreign
- House, King of Hearts, Home, Family, Personal Endeavours, possibly Father, Square/Blocky
- Tree, 7 of Hearts, Health, Ancestry, Nature, Time, SLOW, Spirits, Boring
- Clouds, King of Clubs, (One side, light and the other dark), Storms, Weather, Gloom, Obscurity, Confusion
- Snake, Queen of Clubs, Venomous words, The ‘other’ woman, Treachery, Bindings, Complications
- Coffin, 9 of Diamonds, Natural endings, Death, Transitions, Loss, Illness, Debt, Grim, Box
- Bouquet, Queen of Spades, Big Luck, Gifts, Suprise, Charming, Creative
- Scythe, Jack of Diamonds, (The point cuts) Cutting away, Surgery, Harvest, Danger, Abrupt, Edit, Autumn
- Birch/Broom, Jack of Clubs, Repetition, Discomfort, Discord, Correction, Friction, Manual, Phallus
- Birds, 7 of Diamonds, Gossip, Chatter, Couples, Sorrow, Unease, Messages (Spirits)
- Child, Jack of Spades, A child, Innocence, Young, Naive, New, Ally, Small
- Fox, 9 of Clubs, Lies, Deceit, Trickery, Cunning, Mischievous, Manipulative
- Bear, 10 of Clubs, Authority, Envy, Oppress, Possessive, possibly Protection
- Stars, 6 of Hearts, Hope, Fate, Wish, Magic, Intelligence, Interconnectedness, the Internet,
- Stork, Queen of Hearts, Changes, Relocation, Progress, New Beginnings, possibly Mother
- Dog, 10 of Hearts, Loyal, Friend, Sincerity, Adoration, Devotion, a Dog
- Tower, 6 of Spades, Institutions, Organisations, Ego, Solitude, Life span, Higher learning, Physical Places
- Garden, 8 of Spades, Public events, Gatherings, People, Outdoors, Garden, Refined
- Mountain, 8 of Clubs, Challenges, Struggles, Blockages, Obstacles, Stubborn, Enemy, Trials
- Path/Ways, Queen of Diamonds, Choices, Crossroads, Paths, Decisions, Roads, Secondary Women
- Mouse, 7 of Clubs, Loss, Grief, Anxiety, Disease, Theft, Pests, Mess
- Heart, Jack of Hearts, Love, Connections, Sensitive, Emotions, Desire, Blood
- Ring, Ace of Clubs, Contracts, Agreements, Promises, Marriage, Relationship, Endless
- Book, 10 of Diamonds, (Directional: Bound side – Secrets, Open – Knowledge), Project, Lessons, Hidden, Occult knowledge
- Letter, 7 of Spades, Written words, News, Vocabulary, Eloquent
- Man, Ace of Hearts, Significator, Querant or the Questioned
- Lady, Ace of Spades, Significator, Querant or the Questioned
- Lillies, King of Spades, Sexuality, Contentment, Long-term Relationships, Morality, Honour, Paternal
- Sun, Ace of Diamonds, Success, Confidence, Arrogance, Joy, Warmth, Luck, Radiant
- Moon, 8 of Hearts, Recognition, Honour, Career, Impression, Fame, Purpose, Intuition, Mysteries
- Key, 8 of Diamonds, Realisation, Solutions, Security, Unlock, Reinforce, Highlight
- Fish, King of Diamonds, Money, Resources, Affluence, Entrepreneurship, Semen
- Anchor, 9 of Spades, Hope, Intention, Work, Security, Stability, Longing, Internal Faith,
- Cross, 6 of Clubs, Burdens, Religiosity, Traditions, Hardship, Stop (Termination).
Only write out what will fit on the cards, or the words that stand out the most to you and will prompt your thought processes in a reading.
You will note that many cards share meanings. But as always the subtly of context and interrelationship with the other cards and the Question ask will be the key to unlocking their meaning.
Do not get overly attached to whether a card is malefic or benefic as context is really what is most imporant.
To quote the Venerable and Sagely Camelia Elias: ‘Context is King’.
Moving forward I want to explore Cards individually, in combination and methods of reading.
If you are enjoying this series, please let me know and keep an eye out for further content.
Love and Manyfold Blessings