What is Reiki?
A Japanese healing technique for the self and others
The system of Reiki is unique, which explains why it has become the model for many contemporary energetic forms of healing. You can either experience a Reiki treatment or undertake a Reiki course to enjoy the benefits of this system. Comprising a simple structure of three levels for those wishing to learn it, after training at the first level it is possible to offer treatments to friends and family. Once the second level is completed, and the practitioner has gained treatment experience, it is possible to begin treating clients professionally. After the third level, the student fully comprehends “The Great Bright Light” of their inner being and begins to train as a teacher of the system.
Reiki is the energy that moves through the body, in fact, Reiki Practitioners understand that Reiki is the energy that moves through everything and is technically translated from the Japanese to mean ‘Spiritual Energy’. This energy is what is utilised within the system of Reiki teachings.
Origins – The founder of the system of Reiki was a Japanese man called Mikao Usui (1865-1926). The influences upon his teachings include his Japanese martial arts practice, Shintoism (the traditional Japanese folk religion), Japanese Buddhism (namely Tendai) and Shugendo (a spiritual mountain practice). Naturally, the Japanese culture and philosophy that was apparent during Mikao Usui’s lifetime was also a great influence upon what has developed as the system of Reiki.
Reiki Treatments – A Reiki treatment is approximately one-hour long and is useful for specific healing or general relaxation. The client remains fully clothed at all times as the Reiki practitioner goes through a set healing process placing hands on, or just off, the body as agreed with the client prior to the treatment. Sex, age and condition are of no concern as the client’s own body controls this energetic process. During treatment, the body will only take the amount of energy that it requires. A treatment is not intrusive and clients do not remove clothing and no private parts of the body are touched.
Reiki Courses – There are three levels of training within the system of Reiki
Shoden Reiki Level I – 2-day intensive training $400, optional $100 charge for board and food. Ongoing support is also provided by the trainer. Manual provided.
- Reiki meditations and techniques to strengthen and clear your energy
- Learning about the Japanese energetic system (the three diamonds)
- Gaining a clearer Understanding of the working of energy in your life and its benefits
- Finding a spiritual connection to life helping you to feel happier and healthier
- A method of healing the self and others using hand positions on or near the body
Okuden Reiki Level II – 2-day intensive training $450, optional $100 charge for board and food. Ongoing support is also provided by the trainer. Manual provided.
- Studying further Reiki meditations and techniques for moving deeper into your personal Reiki practice
- The three Reiki mantras and symbols and their relationships to the Japanese energetic system
- How to treat others using a variety of Reiki Methods
Shinpiden Reiki Level III – 3-day intensive training for Master level $1200, optional $150 charge for board and food. Full 1-year internship with ongoing training and supervision from the Master. Manual provided.
- Further Reiki meditations and techniques for moving deeper into your personal Reiki practice
- The fourth Reiki mantra and symbol and its relationship to Japanese cosmology
Information provided above shared from Shibumi International Reiki Association.
Rebecca is a member of “Shibumi International Reiki Association” and “International House of Reiki”. Rebecca adheres to their Codes of Practice, Mission, Vision and Philosophy.
To book for training contact Ward & Weave and dates will be advised.